Knowing if and when to transition a project into a business can be a difficult process. There are so many factors that play into this vital pivot but if done correctly an amazing business can be the result.
Eryn Erickson was working as an art director and aspiring musician when she started a small t-shirt project to give back to her fans. She suddenly found herself with a house full of t-shirts and people sharing their stories from all over the world. She utilized mentors, business savvy and her instinct to transition this side project into the highly successful lifestyle clothing line, So Worth Loving.
In this episode Eryn shares her journey and some of the key insights that she’s learned along the way.
Eryn shares three major lessons with us:
- How she pivoted from a project to a business
- The importance of mentors: how to chose them and when to let them go
- The need to balance vulnerability with thick skin
- Lou Mongello : his entrepreneur journey from Jersey lawyer to Disney expert - August 23, 2017
- Build around your personality, strengths and preferences - February 21, 2017
- Was it worth it? - January 12, 2017
- Bringing Hope from Tragedy with Ashley Jones - December 16, 2016
- Develop the thing people really want….you! - December 12, 2016
- Three Things to be Grateful For - November 28, 2016
- Post Election: What do we do now? - November 10, 2016
- Feed the Courage and Starve the Fear - November 7, 2016
- How to Develop Blue Ocean Strategy - November 3, 2016
- Why Imagination requires Sacrifice - October 31, 2016