Cirque De Soleil, Waze, Starbucks, Curves, iTunes….these are all game changers and they’ve all used blue ocean strategy to get where they are.
Blue Ocean Strategy is a radical change from the traditional way of thinking about business. Most industries still focus on the same customer base, mostly in the same way. That traditional approach is red ocean thinking. Like sharks, everyone is trying to live off the same prey (customers.) Blue ocean turns away from the crowded space and looks for new opportunities.
If you’re tired of doing business like everyone else, here’s how to develop Blue Ocean Strategy.
- Look beyond your current customers
- Look to other industries/models
- Look for the gaps in your industry
- Look to the future
- Lou Mongello : his entrepreneur journey from Jersey lawyer to Disney expert - August 23, 2017
- Build around your personality, strengths and preferences - February 21, 2017
- Was it worth it? - January 12, 2017
- Bringing Hope from Tragedy with Ashley Jones - December 16, 2016
- Develop the thing people really want….you! - December 12, 2016
- Three Things to be Grateful For - November 28, 2016
- Post Election: What do we do now? - November 10, 2016
- Feed the Courage and Starve the Fear - November 7, 2016
- How to Develop Blue Ocean Strategy - November 3, 2016
- Why Imagination requires Sacrifice - October 31, 2016