We all have skills, things we’re gifted or naturally inclined to do well. We can build on and add to these skills throughout life through school, work, experiences, and other education. We hold these skills in our hands, all of us have them and none of our hands are empty. The question isn’t what we hold in our hands, but what we see in our hands.
If I give you an apple, what do you see?
- Do you see a healthy afternoon snack? Something you enjoy in an obvious way or do you see more?
- Maybe you see seed that can be turned into a tree, which results in a bushel of apples.
- Maybe you see an orchard of trees all grown from this one seed.
- Or maybe you see beyond the seed, beyond the bushel, beyond the orchard to all the yummy possibilities.
What is the difference between the afternoon snack and the endless possibilities, imagination. Success is possible when you imagine that there is unlimited potential in whatever you hold in your hand.
George Bernard Shaw said “Imagination is the beginning of creation. You imagine what you desire, you will what you imagine and at last you create what you will.”
So look at what you have, and don’t settle for the obvious, the predictable. Instead, allow the mind to dream, to explore the endless possibilities.
- Lou Mongello : his entrepreneur journey from Jersey lawyer to Disney expert - August 23, 2017
- Build around your personality, strengths and preferences - February 21, 2017
- Was it worth it? - January 12, 2017
- Bringing Hope from Tragedy with Ashley Jones - December 16, 2016
- Develop the thing people really want….you! - December 12, 2016
- Three Things to be Grateful For - November 28, 2016
- Post Election: What do we do now? - November 10, 2016
- Feed the Courage and Starve the Fear - November 7, 2016
- How to Develop Blue Ocean Strategy - November 3, 2016
- Why Imagination requires Sacrifice - October 31, 2016